Monday, December 10, 2012

Lunch out with Grammy and Grampy in Sarchi, Costa Rica

After settling in to our new vacation rental for the month of December and putting up the tree, we head out with my parents to do a little exploring, visit a coffee farm and go out to lunch in the closest town on the other side of the mountain, Sarchi.  Well, as usual, it takes us longer to find the coffee plantation than was suggested and so we just have a great drive and great late lunch.  Here are some photos of our fun afternoon.

Crossing the bridge just outside of Bajos del Toro and heading up to the mountain pass

The thick jungle pass (one lane!)...

Coffee workers....

The restaurant recommended to us by a local...
 
Grammy and Gampy going in....
 
The crew....

The tortillas had Christmas shapes imprinted into them!

Tipico plate.....salad, rice, beans, fried plantains, potatoes, and either meat or chicken

Potatoes, salad and tortillas...
 
View out the window of the restaurant....

Marissa and Grammy

Dominic and Grampy

William, me and Zack
 
Drive home thru the coffee fields...

View into the valley...

The lush jungle....
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Totally love the blog and love hearing about your adventures Tanya...I find it fascinating that you guys would 'just do it' and see the world from another place. Don't know if you remember me but we did graduate together from EU, Carmen Torres. I also love to blog and author 3 of my own. I saw your blog on one of your FB posts on the EU Lancer Grad FB page -- been working in media and events my entire career currently at Entravision Radio in Sacramento handling Marketing & Sales. Great photos by the way - especially love the tortilla shot with your Mom. Happy Holidays or should I say Felices Fiestas! Carmen

    ReplyDelete