Monday, March 31, 2014

Inspiration for a Life Worth Living....


Forgive me followers for I have sinned....I have not blogged in a looooonnnnggg time!  It is not that I have not thought of it...my head and my notebooks are full of stories and lists and ideas of things to write about and share.  But, such is life in Pura Vida land, and such is our new life now that we are fully cemented into the community of our kids' new school and our surrounding Guanacaste neighborhoods. 



In our first year, I seemed to have so much more time on my hands to chronicle our adventures, both good and bad, with our second year bringing on new commitments (yes, I am happily volunteering again) and a myriad of new and wonderful activities for the kids (surfing, spearfishing, theater, etc.)....along with several new foreign boarding students who have been living with us at various times (more about them later). Less stress and more time to breath can also give us more time to just be, and less time to do....which, is also all good.




But, inspiration has hit me.....I was stopped on my way out of the elementary school last week by a new mom from Canada who has a son in our daughter's 5th grade class and who had just arrived 2 weeks prior.  In her beautiful French accent she asked me if I was the Tanya from the blog....and I (surprised, but all smiles) said, "yes, I am".....(how did she know this!?).  

She then proceeded to tell me 
that a friend of hers in New York 
saw MY blog and sent it to her 
and because of this, 
she is now at La Paz 
and her friend and their family 
will begin at La Paz in the fall!

WOW!  If ever anything was to give me gooseys...it is a story like this.  I could not believe it...not one, but TWO families moved their families to Costa Rica, brought their kids to La Paz Community School, and began a new life, all because they read my blog.  I have been beaming from ear to ear ever since hearing this news and if anything was to inspire me to get caught up with my blog and to keep it up and keep at it every day (not just some days or some months) it is a story of success like this.



So to these two families I say WELCOME and thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Your trust in our advice and stories means everything to me and I look forward to inspiring others and being inspired by those like you who follow suit. 




Being an expat family can seem scary or out of reach to most of us...but, if we can do this, and if our stories are inspirational enough to bring other families to our little slice of paradise, than you can do it, too!




So, let this little story of how two families followed one family be an inspiration to you today if you are even remotely thinking or considering a move or change like the one we made either soon or in the future....because, as one of my favorite quotes says....

"Life is not measured 
By the number of breaths you take, 
But by the moments 
That take your breath away"


....and if your current life is sucking the life out of you, as our previous life sometimes did, then take a deep breath and begin by simply envisioning yourself in a new place, a new life..... 




Next step is research....so look around on our blog and let me know what else is needed for your research, what else you need to take that leap of faith..... 




My next newest addition to the blog will be an FAQ page....because I get a lot of questions and I now see a need for compiling these questions for additional answers and advise for those who seek it....and I hope it inspires you in setting your sights on new goals, to make a new life worth living, and one worth every breath.

Happy inspiration and happy goal setting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there - we are yet another family who are considering making the move to La Paz for our kids, and finding your story is so encouraging! We are planning a visit later this year - could we connect in some way? teresatelander@hotmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete